To My Beautiful Breanna:
Today you turn sixteen! Wow, it just seems like yesterday that you were born. I remember being so scared because you were coming to us 6 weeks early and I needed to have a C-section. I prayed so hard that you would be okay and that I would at least hear you cry. Your lungs were not all the way developed and I was very worried. When they delivered you, Daddy looked over the drap and said "Oh Baby" in such a scared, amazed voice. Almost shuttering in his voice. They wrapped you up and put you by my face and your little precious arm went around my face and you let out a small cry. My arms were strapped down and I could not touch you, so for you to touch me was heaven. They took you off immediately to the ICU nursery and Daddy went with you. Our whole family was there. Even Grandpa Dave. They were all waiting to make sure that you were okay. They all visited together and the Grandpa's bought you a BIG pink balloon.
Daddy and I were so young and so scared, but we knew that you were in the great hands of God and that He was taking care of you and comforting our hearts while you were in the ICU for almost a month. The day we took you home was so awesome!! You came home with monitors and we took very special care of you!! You grew and grew!!
Yesterday, we talked about you getting a job and you were scared about growing up. I want you to know that you take your time. We love you and we respect who you are and you can decide when you are ready to take the next step toward growing up. Today you and I are spending the whole day together and I am so excited!! You are so precious to us and we love you so much!! You love life and you love God, you have a passion to serve HIM and to glorify Him through worship! You play your guitar and sing and so beautifully! You have grown so much this year in your talent. You have special friends that mean the world to you and for that we are so grateful. They are friends who truly love you and watch out for you! You have grandparents that adore you. Grandpa Bill and Grammy Ruth and Mimaw and Papa. They will be here to celebrate you with us!! You have Uncles and Aunts and cousins that think you are great!!
As you open this next chapter of your life, may you know that we are right here with you cheering you on and loving you! Guiding you and praying for you! And most of all God has a perfect plan that He already knows for you!! Many blessings to you on this very special birthday!!!
All my love,
Mom
P.S. Chinese Chicken Salad!!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday to an awesome girl!!!!!!
She is so blessed to have such a loving, fun mother and you are blessed to have such a sweet, caring daughter. Your relationship is such a beautiful thing. Love you both!
-Angel
Post a Comment