Sunday, August 10, 2008

Twas The Night Before School Starts

All the clothes washed and outfit's picked out, back packs packed with schools supplies, Breanna will be a junior and Jared a sophmore no doubt. A big day for me as Nathan called me to say "Honey, I am at Walgreens getting shaving cream and razor for Jared, do you need anything?" "You are buying what???" The question I asked, then he repeated for me what he said last. I called my mom and my sis and shed some tears for after he starts shaving it will go on for years. Our baby is starting highschool tomorrow and I can't help but feel a little sorrow. The years go by so quickly and I am taking it all in and keeping the sweet memories of every moment of everyday that I have them.

Wanting to Shave like Dad - Jared was 3 years old

Dad showing Jared the shaving way - Jared 15 years old

5 comments:

Bling for the King said...

That is soooo precious. I feel your pain!! I know God will bless us during this next phase of letting go, won't He?

Anonymous said...

trud nate bre and JARED!!, okay well its time to stop. do you remember uncle ern telling you guys he was going to put a brick on your heads so you wouldn't grow up ? well I guess it didn't work !!nate i hope you taught him well and there was no knicks hahah . jared happy beated birthday too, looks like it was a great party ! You both looks so beautiful and handsome . have a blessed year ! aintie kath

Anonymous said...

opps ! typos

Trudy said...

ok so i had to take a quick peak and as tears filled my eyes at the pix of your baby shaving!!! I just love your kids, they are awesome and fill me with joy when i think of them.

xo,krisitna

Anonymous said...

Love this!!!! It's so precious!! Sweet memories for the heart!