Tuesday, June 17, 2008

We Are Home!

Wow, the past week has been awesome! Last week we were with our new youth group up at Hume Lake for summer camp. What a beautiful place! We are in love with our new students and our new church!! I loved getting to know all the girls and I painted tons of nails. We laughed and talked and I got to know their stories and their hearts. I also got to know our awesome, amazing leaders who are serving with us in this ministry and I look forward to more fun times with them. Thanks to all of you for pouring your heart into the highschool ministry and the time you spent at camp investing in the lives of students!! It is eternal!

We came home late, I mean late Saturday night and after church on Sunday we took Nathan out to Red Lobster to celebrate him! He is an amazing daddy to our kids!!
Then we went to Casa Grande and visited Mom and Dad and saw lots of family. Our brother in law JP was in town with his son, our nephew, Brayden and it was so good to see them and all our extended family on that side. They were here because JP's Tata passed away and he came for the funeral. Nate's Mom is feeling better and recovering nicely from the surgery. Nathan's Aunt Dianna came in town to stay with her and we were so thankful. She just needs lot of rest as her body heals. We continue to be so grateful that she is healthy!!

I caught a cold when we got home from camp so I am not feeling to great. I have 3 shows this week and my first one tonight was awesome $1200 - yes!! I love my job so much!! Pampered Chef ROCKS! Nathan and Breanna had dental work done today. They are recovering nicely. I can't believe June is almost over, WOW!!! Keep Cool!

7 comments:

Allie Carpenter said...

Thanks for your prayers. Keep praying for his pain. I enjoyed looking at pics from Camp. Glad you guys like your new church family. Dinner would be great. You are awesome.

Allie Carpenter said...

That sounds perfect! Anything you cook would be amazing:) Dave likes Ranch dressing.

Allie Carpenter said...

We would so appreciate that! Thanks for doing that! Also, thanks for praying. The more we can get right now the best!

Emily said...

Hey Trudy!! Uhm that sounds really awesome! I would love to hang out with you guys! I'll talk to my dad and see what he says. It might be easier if you talk to him too lol, but I will talk to him first. Im busy next week and July 13 im going to camp. So Ill think of something or if you have any ideas i'll try to work with that.

Emily

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hume Lake looks beautiful! Glad you guys had a wonderful experience and are all back safe! Get better- I'm keepin' you in my prayers! Your pretty good with the nails thing; I could use a mini-manicure! = ]
Luv Shaunie

Tanya Kirkpatrick said...

I am so totally excited that Bai get's her Uncle Nate in a year for her High School Youth Pastor! Thanks for sharing what an incredible week you had! I can't hardly wait to hear all about Bailey's Hume Lake week with Jr High Camp. Love you squishy!

Holly said...

Hey Trudy (and fam!) I can't believe how much Jared has grown!! We're a long way from "The Music Man" days! :-)