Thursday, July 23, 2009

Taking A Breath

I sit here tonight and I just read my friend Anneliese's blog (she is on my blog roll) and I cried at the sweet things she wrote about moving her Mom into an apartment. I loved the line that said "nothing is sweeter than the sound of the garage door opening" - so true. Right now there is so much blogging catching up to do, but I wanted to write about the emotion of my son growing up! He is such an amazing young man and we are so very proud of him. Everything is happening so fast. It just seems like yesterday when I posted the pics of his Dad showing him how to shave and now he has his first truck and his Dad will be showing him how to do his first oil change. Man time flys. We just celebrated his 16th birthday and he got his first job and starts his junior year on Monday at a new high-school. I had to sit and take a breath and just relish this moment. Each one is precious!!
I will blog more soon and post pics of all that we have been up too. But for now I am just taking a breath.

2 comments:

Dana said...

take one for me too =)!!! already i am wishing i could freeze my kids at this age- i can't imagine how you must be feeling Trudy. love you friend!

Anneliese said...

I just thought I'd check up on you and was so surprised to see my name . ..
Just take those breaths . .. life is moving so fast, isn't it? When they are small it seems like forever until the potty training will be done - if ever! Then you get to the place where you can actually be friends with your kids and they move on... but a good relationship will carry you through all the changes and you will love each stage. I'm beginning to realize this too.