This is Pastor Blake Lasslett and his sweetheart wife Donna. We had them over for dinner tonight and they were such a blessing to us! Pastor Blake was the very first Pastor we ever served with doing youth ministry. He Pastored a church called Maranatha Baptist in Globe, AZ. Nathan and I would drive up every weeked and do ministry there, we did this for almost 2 years while Nathan was at Southwestern Bible College. Before and after we were married. I saw him teach his very first lesson to a few highschool students there and preach his very first sermon as well - those were amazing days and we learned a lot from Blake. His wife would make the best pot roast and we would enjoy Sunday lunches with them and talk about God and how amazing He is! His wife passed away of cancer almost 6 years ago and he recently met and married Donna, who has a passion for God and missions just like him and they both serve in Kenya, Africa. As we had dinner and visited, I could not help but watch my kids listen and soak in every word that was said - there is nothing like having missionaries to your house for dinner. I loved every second of it. I love Blake like a Dad and I look up to him very much!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
A Precious Pastor
This is Pastor Blake Lasslett and his sweetheart wife Donna. We had them over for dinner tonight and they were such a blessing to us! Pastor Blake was the very first Pastor we ever served with doing youth ministry. He Pastored a church called Maranatha Baptist in Globe, AZ. Nathan and I would drive up every weeked and do ministry there, we did this for almost 2 years while Nathan was at Southwestern Bible College. Before and after we were married. I saw him teach his very first lesson to a few highschool students there and preach his very first sermon as well - those were amazing days and we learned a lot from Blake. His wife would make the best pot roast and we would enjoy Sunday lunches with them and talk about God and how amazing He is! His wife passed away of cancer almost 6 years ago and he recently met and married Donna, who has a passion for God and missions just like him and they both serve in Kenya, Africa. As we had dinner and visited, I could not help but watch my kids listen and soak in every word that was said - there is nothing like having missionaries to your house for dinner. I loved every second of it. I love Blake like a Dad and I look up to him very much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what an awesome, personal testimony to your family. man, just looking at that couple and hearing his story makes me love them! i think my heart is especially endeared towards missionaries and tie that in with loss- what precious people!
Post a Comment