Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Retreat!

This past weekend my mom and I went to Williams to Lost Canyon for a women's retreat. It was glorious to get away and breath in the pines. Cynthia Heald was the speaker for the weekend and JJ Heller was the worship and it was awesome. Mom and I got to stay in the house with Cynthia and JJ Heller and it was fun chillin and talking with them. Cynthia spoke from her book "Maybe God Is Right After All" Truths for Godly Living. Here is what she covered.
God is for you, not against you, Trust God, even when it doesn't make sense, Freedom from self is a choice, God's Word is all the truth I will ever need, You will never regret doing what is right, Love is not optional, Forgiveness frees the forgiver, It's God's life wherever you are. Wow!! Buy the book it is so good!!
These are a few of my favorite quotes that she shared.
A cup of sweet water can never drip a drop of bitter water.
We are built for the valley, but inspired by being on the mountain.
The Bible, God's Word is alive and active and when you open it the author shows up.
Right is right even if everyone is against it and wrong is wrong even if everyone is for it.
I praised God for time away and it was a blessing to be refreshed!! Cynthia also shared a practical way to always be prepared to spend time with God. She called it her "tent" so she could pitch it anywhere she happened to be. Her tent is a purse/bag and inside she has the following......a water bottle, tea bags for hot tea, chocolate (love her), Prayer journal, Bible and Pen, devotional (she enjoys Oswald Chambers) a book she is reading. I loved this and plan to use it as well. We never know when we are going to have a moment that we could spend and our "tent" would always be with us. Here are a few pics. Have a great day and enjoy quiet moments with God today.

On the way to the retreat


Our room, mom on the phone


The view from our window


Mom and I relaxing and reading by the fire

2 comments:

Bling for the King said...

WHAT A FUN RETREAT! Cynthia Heald is a wonderful author, you were privileged. I am glad you got to go and I am looking forward to you joining in on tennis:-)

Lylah Ledner said...

sounds like a great retreat with that duo. love the look of that retreat center. how fun!

blessings...lylah