My friends liked my "Back To School Dinner" and said to keep the ideas coming. I got this recipe from a friend in my Bible Study (thanks Shanda!) - we were talking about low-carb ideas. Anyway, it was not like a real written down recipe, just a little of this and that, so I am going to write it out for you and then tell you how my family liked it. You see at our house we have a rule that we always will try new recipes and we rate them, 10 being the best. So, if it is an 8 or better we keep it and if not we never make it again. Since this recipe did not have a name, after my family voted on it and it was a totally "HOT" 10!! They also named it "Hell's Chicken" You will understand when you read the recipe. Needless to say I added less chili and jalapenos to the recipe that I am giving you.
Hell's Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. (I was in a hurry so I put them in a Pampered Chef baking stone and sprinkled them with PC Southwest seasoning and put them in the microwave for 8 to 10 minutes to get them cooked, otherwise, they could cook all day in the crockpot - I just gave them a jump start with my favorite idea I tell my customers about the stones in the microwave)
2 cans (BIG family size ones) of cream of chicken soup
1 small can of green chilli's, 1/2 can diced jalapenos, (I originally put in 2 cans of chili's and a whole small can of jalapenos - hence the the name)
Put it all in the crockpot for 5 to 6 hours and then shred the chicken in the crockpot with forks. If you want low carb serve like that with a salad on the side, my family wanted to pour it over rice and so I made amazing rice in the Pampered Chef rice cooker in 15 minutes in the microwave. YES!! It was delicious!
Dinner is served and notice another crockpot idea, so you can do it ahead of time. Great for game/choir concert nights!
No comments:
Post a Comment