Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Saying Good-Bye To Central

Some of you may have already heard, but Nathan is not on staff at Central Christian any longer. We are not sure what the future holds for us, but we do know who holds the future!! Amen! We are excited to see where God leads us next on this BIG adventure called the Christian life and ministry. Please pray for us as we seek Him!! Love these words from the "Living Beyond Yourself" Beth Moore Bible study I just recently finished -- It is about Christ...It's all about Him...following Christ breaks the stranglehold of self in our lives..we decrease..He increases...Joy results!! Praise God! Nothing is untimely to God. We can discover God during sad times. "Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again....my lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you" (Psalm 71:20,23)

18 comments:

Tara K said...

Wow.. this is sad to hear :-( But amen to the fact that you know who holds the future!! And that you're praising Him through this time! We sing a song here at Hillsong that says "All of my life, in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship..."

Hope to still see you guys around! I will definitely be keeping you in my prayers and will be believing for big things to happen through Nathan wherever God leads him.

Kristal Sawyer said...

Love you all and praying for you...will miss seeing your beautiful face on a regular basis. Can we do coffee soon?

natesgirl3 said...

I had not heard this as my life is so crazy right now I feel as though I live in a bubble! We will be praying for you through this crazy transition!! Love you!

Danielle said...

I am so glad that you are being encouraged by Scripture and by friends who can pull you close and love on you. I'm sure Nathan will be blessed by that conference and come back able to lead you guys confidently where God wants to take you. Blessings during this time of renewal. Love, the Andersons

Trudy said...

Trudy,
We love you and your family and are truly saddened by the events over the last few weeks. We will continually be praying for you and your family and are excited to see what God has planned for you. I'll do my best to come by to give you and your family a great big hug (if I'm not there - its cuz I'm in the preschool building surrounded by little ones J) We love you guys!
Love- Cassandra

Trudy said...

Hi Trudy,
I am truly sorry for the sadness you are feeling, but I know you have a strong faith in the Lord and that will see you and Nathan through this confusing time. You truly do inspire with your faith and you have many around you who love you. You are in my prayers and keep us posted on where God takes you. I checked out your blog and it touches me all the love and friends you have around you.
Take care and thank you very much for your hospitality and sharing Beth's message with us. I hope you will still be joining us on the retreat.

God Bless,
Stacey

Trudy said...

Trudy - I am so shocked and surprised! And so sorry to hear your news. I know Stephen sees Jared on Wednesdays at youth group; will he continue with that?

I guess this just means that God has a better place where Nathan - and your whole family - can serve Him! I'm so glad you did the lesson on peace! What perfect timing! It reminds me of the lesson that Mary Lou and Carolyn came to hear the Tuesday after their loss. I remember it being perfect for them.

I only wish I could remember more of the lessons - I never did get my book bag back. It had my cherished bible - the one I've used for years with lots of notes, comments and feelings written in it! Plus my workbook from our study! It's a complete mystery on where it could be. It doesn't appear it ever made it into my car! I was quite sad about it, but the Lord reminded me that He is our Living Word. And, as a friend told me, God knows exactly where it is. That will have to hold me for now.

I so enjoyed our study! Please, please, please keep in touch - I'll be checking your blog regularly!

Love in Christ,
Karen

Trudy said...

Oh my dearest, dear Trudy...I am so, so sorry. I do not even know what to say, except that I wish I could just give you a big, gigantic hug in person! Life seems so unpredictable and unfair at times. The bright spot in the situation though is that God knows the big picture! It is reassuring to know HE has HIS hand in it and is in-charge. We've just got to trust Him and live with that peace, moment by moment. Hardships definitely force us to swell our trust in Him. It's hard when we can't control our situation, but it forces us to lean on him. We cannot see God's visible hands, but we know He's holding your family together and has good things in store. Glory be to God...I can't wait to see what he's got up His sleeve! I've been praying for your family, not really knowing what to pray, but feeling a heavy burdon. Now I know why. I will keep you all in my prayer's. Nathan served the students so well, and has been a blessing to so many. He will be missed I know. I sure hope our paths somehow continue to cross. I enjoyed you in our class! Thank you again for serving us gals...Keep in touch.
Love you, Hugs!!!
Lori

Trudy said...

I love you trudy maples! Thank you for inviting me
into your life and loving me and praying for me. You
are such a wonderull friend and role model.
again, thank you for all that you do and I am
confident you will continue to do in wherever the lord
leads you and your family next.
You will be in our prayers during this season of
change.
love

mel

Trudy said...

Dear Trudy,

I am so sorry to hear about his difficult time. I will pray for you and your family. You were a great leader for the Bible study and I was really glad to have been a part of it. Please always keep in touch and let us know if there's any way we can offer support!

Sincerely,
Kirsten

Trudy said...

I was so sorry to hear about Nathan's job. Please know that I am praying for you and your family. All of this "stuff" we go through in life certainly isn't much fun, but God is using it to make us into the people He wants us to be~and we sure are going to be beautiful in the end! :)


Much love,
Mary Lou

Trudy said...

Hi Nathan & Trudy:
I just heard that you are gone and I wanted to tell you how sad I am to hear that. You guys will be in my prayers.
Judy

Trudy said...

Hi Trudy
I just wanted to drop a note and tell you (and the family) that our family is thinking of you and praying for you. Words can't express what's in our hearts but Jacob and I especially wanted to just say we love you guys and are praying for God to move and groove and bless you guys immensely. Jacob has positively treasured having Nathan in his life and I feel so blessed for the guidance, wisdom and love Nathan has shown him the past couple of years. His impact in Jacob's life is something that will be with him a lifetime.
Please keep in touch.
In His Love
Sheri

Trudy said...

Trudy,
I am so sorry about Nathans position at Central. I am in shock. I am so so sad too. I will definitely be in prayer for you and your family. I know God will lead Nathan in the place he needs to be. I hope that you will still keep in touch with us. I would love to still do a study with you again someday. You are an awesome facilitator and God has plans for you also in this area!!!!
Please keep your eyes on Jesus with tears and all.
Love,
Jill

Trudy said...

Hi Trudy,
I just wanted to let you know how much we love you Maples...sooooo much! Although, It would not be my plan to not have your family there, the only solice I can muster up is GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL...Ray and I will be praying for your amazing family and the amazing journey and next chapter of this exciting life God has for you all. When Breanna is ready, I would to talk with her and maybe even take her to lunch. Please have her give me a call. Also, Ray would love to talk with Jared!
WE love you all,
Jeannie and Ray

Dana said...

praying for you guys!! we love your hearts and look forward to see where God leads. love you!

Trudy said...

Hi Trudy!
I'm just going over my e-mail and saw this from you. I don't know how I missed this! It looks like it came over a month ago! I hadn't taken the time to really go over my e-mails until today. I pulled up the blog and saw one of the latest entries and it looks like God sat me down at just the right time!
I had just been talking to Trish about Central loosing you all! I didn't want to believe it! It couldn't be true! I just really wanted to cry!!! I must say that after reading your blog I feel a little better..only because you have such a positive outlook! (You are such a great teacher!)
I don't want this e-mail to sound like a memorial but I guess it is. There has been a loss.the loss of a some truly amazing leadership at Central!

Your family is so amazing!!

I remember first meeting Jared at Pepperdine. He hung around my girls' table and they just thought he was the cutest thing! He was very charming and full of life. I don't get to see him much but I'm sure he hasn't changed! I know God has great plans for that boy!
Breanna.what can I say about that sweet girl! The most fabulous teenager I know.not only a great friend but a truly confident young woman in all she does. Taryn was blessed the minute they met! I can still remember when Taryn told me about her and how excited she was to have her friendship. Although Taryn doesn't get as much time as she'd like with her, the time she does get she cherishes! I know she considers her a lifelong friend! Todd and I really enjoyed her too.even though she's a wildcats fan! J She's keeps us laughing whenever she's around! We truly enjoy her company!
What can I say about Nathan? You know what a blessing he's been Central well..he's been an incredible blessing individually to both my kids. They hold him in high regard! They absolutely love him!! I thank God everyday for the influence Nathan has had on them. I know they're better people for that. The selfish part of me is soooo incredibly sad and a bit angry that they won't have him around anymore.
Trudy, I've read comments and know so many women who have had the pleasure of spending time with you. I know you'll be missed too!! I know the small amount of time we've gotten to talk has been a huge pleasure!
You've been such an incredible blessing to my kids too. I know they're better people for having had the influence of a truly caring, Godly woman! You've always been so inviting and they feel loved when they're around you all! I thank you for that!!!
I just wanted to tell you that your family has been a blessing to our lives and we'll never be the same because of your influences.

Thank you for all the time and friendship you've given!
I hope we'll get the chance to share time together in the near future. I know life is very busy but I would really love it if we could plan something this summer.
Thank you Maples Family!!!
Thank you for letting God use you at Central to touch the lives of so many! You will be on the lips of these kids (and parents) for the rest of their lives.

YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

We are praying for you all and for wherever God leads you!

Please keep us posted.I'll be watching the blog for updates!
We love you!!!
Barbara, Todd, Chase and Taryn
PS..the camping and the spelunking were some of the best times Taryn has experienced! She'll treasure those memories! Thank you!

Allie Carpenter said...

We are praying for direction for you and your family.