Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our Baby Girl Is Growing Up

Well, as I sit here and write this Breanna, Cole, Sammie and Ty are all in the backyard Tye Dying shirts for the Sandi Hawkins dance coming up. Yes, this is Breanna's first date. She turns 16 on April 7th and it is time to let her venture out a bit. Cole is a young man in our youth group and he plays guitar in the youth band with Breanna, they enjoy many of the same things. You are going to laugh so hard however at how her Daddy greeted Cole at the door today. He was polishing his gun.....yes, it is true. Cole's mom, Sharon, whom I adore was with him as we asked her to come with him to the door. It was so funny, she said okay Cole, let's go honey and I will buy you some ice cream. We were all laughing so hard. Enjoy the pics! Nathan and I made them tacos and then got the their favorite blizzards from Dairy Queen. Friday night they will all go to Cole's house and his mom is making dinner for them and then they are going to the dance and then to Lazer Tag. I do have a lump in my throat.......our baby is growing up....she showed Nathan and I her tye dyed hands through the window and I said doesn't it remind you of when she was in pre-school and she said I play "painct" -paint. These are the memories that life is made of. Today marks a new chapter in our lives. I need a kleenex.









4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Trudy, where does the time go??
The pictures were great - and I love the tye dyes!! I needed a tissue too - what a special time in their (our) lives, not to mention laughing so hard at Nathan's big smile as he cleans his shot gun!! We will still be laughing years from now. Thanks for making tonight so special - you are wonderful!!

Melissa Stephenson said...

Awwww..... Little Bre is growing up!!! I can't believe it =)

Danielle said...

Crazy how life goes in circles! First finger paint and now tye dye for a first date. Wow. They grow up too fast; I can't imgaine what I have in store :-)

Tara K said...

Awww, this makes me almost tear up! Breanna is an awesome young woman. She has so much potential and I'm glad I've gotten to know her! Be proud, Mama Maples! :)